The Megger MVCT test set is a lightweight, robust, portable unit capable of testing both current and voltage transformers. At less than 20 lb (10Kg) the MVCT is a highly portable unit that also offers accuracy in testing. Capable of performing saturation, ratio, polarity, winding resistance, and insulation tests on current transformers, the MVCT can also be used for testing metering and protection class voltage/potential transformers.
The MVCT provides a microprocessor controlled variable voltage and current output along with precision instrumentation for automatically testing single and multi-ratio CTs and VT’s. The MVCT makes testing CTs easy. It will directly connect to multi ratio CT’s and perform all tests – saturation, ratio and polarity, winding resistance, and insulation – on all taps with the push of a button and without changing leads. This greatly reduces testing time.
- Ability to test both VT and CT
- Easy to use one-button automated test plans
- Industry leading test duration using patented simultaneous tap measurements
- Smallest and lightest unit on the market
- CT Kneepoints up to 30kV
- CT grouped testing includes Demagnetization, Knee Points, Ratios, Saturation Curves, Winding Resistances, Polarities and Phase Deviation (on all taps of multi-ratio CTs)
- VT testing including Demagnetization, Ratio, Winding Resistance, Polarity and Phase Deviation
- Performs Secondary Burden tests
- Integrated 1 kV DC insulation test system