The HVPD Kronos® Spot Tester is a brand new portable diagnostic test unit for detecting partial discharge (PD) in all types of in-service plant, including cables, switchgear, transformers and rotating machines operating at 3.3 kV and above.
The spot tester is a 6-channel, synchronous, battery powered test unit with a rugged and compact design especially optimised for fieldportability.
Quick and easy to set up, it detects the early stages of insulation deterioration, providing an early warning against Medium Voltage (MV)and High Voltage (HV) insulation faults and supports condition-based maintenance (CBM) schemes, reducing unplanned outages, downtime and maintenance costs.
Features and Benefits
- Compact, robust and easily transportable system.
- Battery powered: 8+ hours of operation for testing at remote locations without the need for power supply.
- Synchronous data capture on 6 channels enables advanced OLPD identification and noise separation for an accurate PD diagnostic measure in noisy environments and testing more assets at the same time.
- Data acquisition and advanced diagnostic analysis is performed with HVPD Kronos® software.
- Software displays data in real time, providing immediate feedback about the insulation condition.
- Shorter re-visits: HVPD Kronos® software can recall previous setup.
- Available with a wide range of PD sensors for testing multiple applications.
- Compatible with HVPD’s new OLPD mapping and the HVPD Portable Transponder System for PD site location on cables.
- Integrated software selectable hardware filters.
- Available with a tailored training course to meet customers’requirements.
- A complimentary reporting service package with data analysis for 25x files in the first year after purchase.
- Trend spot test data over multiple visits.